Walmart is offering Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition - Xbox 360|Xbox One on sale for only $14.99. Get it now and find out why it's winner of over 160 Game of the Year awards. Red Dead Redemption features an open-world environment for players to explore. Including: frontier towns, rolling prairies teeming with wildlife, and perilous mountain passes. Each packed with an endless flow of varied distractions. Along the way, players will experience the heat of gunfights and battles, meet a host of unique characters, struggle against the harshness of one of the world's last remaining wildernesses, and ultimately pick their own precarious path. Red Dead Redemption is an epic story about the death of the Wild West and the gunslingers that inhabited it.
Experience an epic journey across the dying West. When federal agents threaten his family, former outlaw John Marston is forced to pick up his guns and hunt down the gang of criminals he once called friends. Experience Marston’s journey across the sprawling expanses of the American West and Mexico as he fights to bury his blood-stained past and seek a new future for himself and his family. Red Dead Redemption Game of the Year Edition also features Undead Nightmare, the companion single-player story that turns the stunning world of Red Dead Redemption upside down as a mysterious plague transforms the West into an apocalyptic fight for survival against the zombie horde.
- The Score: Composed by critically-acclaimed recording artists Bill Elm and Woody Jackson, the Red Dead Redemption score is an expansive range of tones and sounds that captures the haunting sound of the dying American West and Mexico at the turn of the century.
- Wildlife: The vast world of Red Dead Redemption is populated by a complex ecosystem of over thirty different species of animal, ranging from farm livestock to domestic pets to deadly predators. Each territory- from the frontier prairies of New Austin, down into the sun-scored Mexican deserts of Nuevo Paraiso, and up into the greener, mountainous terrain of West Elizabeth- is home to its own distinct species and breeds of wildlife.
- Hunting: Hunting was a vital means of survival in the West. In Red Dead Redemption, animals in the ecosystem will prey on each other and sometimes even on you or your horse. Protect and defend yourself with the aid of trusty weapons and tools - or go on the offensive and hunt for sport and profit. You can purchase special items to aid in hunting and drawing out more elusive game. After a successful kill, animals can be skinned or plucked and then traded for goods with local merchants.
- Rockstar Games Social Club: Presenting Red Dead Redemption at the Rockstar Games Social Club. The Social Club is our members-only community and destination for players to extend and enhance their game experience with exclusive unlockable content, participate in live multiplayer events, track their game progress and stats, compete on leaderboards, and much more. Red Dead Redemption takes the Social Club experience to an entirely new level with seamless in-game integration and the introduction of Social Club in-game challenges to unlock exclusive members-only cheats and content.
- Honor & Fame: In the world of Red Dead Redemption, your choices have consequences; in the frontier, honor still counted for something, and fame spread fast. Choices you make will affect your levels of Honor and Fame, changing the way townsfolk respond to you, and gaining you the reputation of a well-respected and law-abiding gunslinger- or a notorious outlaw.
- Multiplayer: With a range of new, innovative forms of classic team-based and free-for-all games, and a revolutionary new Free Roam mode that's unlike anything ever seen before, Red Dead Redemption raises the bar for open-world multiplayer gaming.
- Achievements: Red Dead Redemption includes a host of unique in-game challenges that will reward you with Achievements to bolster your Xbox LIVE Gamerscore.
- Weaponry: By the early years of the 20th century, change was coming fast to the American frontier- and nothing brought change faster than the rapid evolution of weapons technology. From hand-packed muskets to repeater rifles, from single-shot pistols to the iconic revolver and the terrifying early machine guns that forever changed the face of war- these are John Marston's tools, and the weapons of Red Dead Redemption.
- ESRB Rating: MATURE with Blood, Strong Language, Nudity, Strong Sexual Content, Use of Drugs, and Intense Violence